Monday, July 18, 2011

Sweet Tooth

Hi everyone, it's Christmas in July. I love Christmas and everything that goes with it. I think a lot of us agree that we wish that there was Christmas spirit all year round....some of us like it for the candy ;) So when we were asked to design for this special time of year my sweet tooth really started working.

This card was so easy to make, and I loved the smile on the gingerbread as I was assembling the rest.


I gathered all of my supplies, and this time I used what I gathered. I didn't go looking for more stuff. Which is unusual for me.
I cut the card so that it is a 5x6 of DCWV Homemade Christmas Stack, red gingham (love homemade). I cut my gingerbread man at 3in...and the tag at 1 1/2 in. (they were from scrap paper).


I added some black self stick gems for eyes, drew on the mouth, used a white pen for the frilled arms and legs, and buttons for well buttons. I cut out a present again from the DCWV homemade Christmas stack and glued it to his hand.

I stamped the sentiment onto the tag added just a few drops of red glitter glue. I tied it with the twine, and a pop dot to keep it in place. I didn't have the little bells so I used buttons and a wooden star button for my center bow to add just a bit more color. Everything was inked on the edges to add just a little dimension to the pieces.

There it is a simply sweet card for anyone who has a sweet tooth. (like me)

*recipe*
DCWV Homemade Christmas cardstack
brown cardstock
ink (dew drop brown)
black self stick gems
red glitter glue
wooden star button
red/green buttons
twine
cricut cartridges...Gingerbread and George

No comments:

Post a Comment