Friday, July 29, 2011

Daydreamin'


Today I've been daydreaming....about everything. I've been dreaming of what it would be like to be a photographer who travels the world to amazing places. I've been dreaming of what my farm will be like next year. I've been dreaming of a "perfect" life would be....and so on. Then it has hit me...I have been a photographer traveling the world, to some extent, and I have seen some amazing places. I know that my farm will grow next year, and that it is still growing this year. As for the perfect life, well I'm pretty much there. I know that nothing in life is perfect, and there is things that we would all change, but with the realization that you can only change so much makes me stop and see what I do have.

I have all that I have asked for. A large, happy family, I'm in Alaska, and I have my farm. It may not be what I pictured it as, and it may not be where I pictured it at, but it's mine. I'm not to the point that I am producing enough food for us yet, it's a work in progress. I have, however, produced food for us. I may not have us away from all of the things that I would like, but it's a work in progress. I have plans for what I want here. I have dreams for what I would like to see. I have hesitations because I don't know how long we will be here, and yet I have an inner voice screaming at me to go with it with all of my heart.

There are things that I would really like to see happen. I would like to learn to ride a horse...we have 2 and I've never been on one. I would like to see the 2 horses we have completely broken so anyone could ride them. I would like to halter train my sheep. I would like to have a bigger garden...which will happen. I know that in time these things will happen. I know that it's going to take more than me just wanting to get them done. I'm planning my winter reading/researching/studying already so that I will be ready to roll next spring. I don't know what we will find, but I know that bees, pigs, a cow, maybe even goats are all somewhere on the horizon for us. I want to have more than 2 sheep. I want to have the meat chickens. I want to see our heritage turkeys reproduce to that we don't have to continue to buy them each year. Those are things I'm starting to focus on more. I'm all about learning, and doing. I'm excited about what we are doing here. I'm excited about where we are going from here.

Again, just daydreamin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment