Wednesday, June 8, 2011

June Already????


I love waking up in the mornings and looking out to this (my front yard). The trees are finally green, flowers are starting to add color around here again. The bees and butterflies are everywhere (as well as mosquitoes). One thing I have learned these past few years is once it is time for spring/summer in Alaska it gets here quick. It must be because it only gets such a short time. It is still crazy to me to be outside at midnight and it still be daylight. I'm not sure how many hours we have but it seems as if there is no darkness right now every time I'm up.

Things are really starting to come together as a farm here. I'm loving every minute of it. I go out on my back deck and look around and see the chickens running around....getting fat ;)....the horses and sheep in their areas, my rabbits, and then soon to be out there will be the turkeys. Then if I look to the other side of the farm I see my raised garden beds and tires that have plants sprouting in them, and inside my greenhouse I have my peppers and tomatoes as well as strawberries and a few flowers. It is honestly starting to feel like my farm. Thinking back to what we had last year, and what we have accomplished this year already, makes me excited to see what we will have next year. (If I get my wishes, bees, pigs, more sheep, and a cow, but all in the right time.)

I have finally named my farm. It's very simple it's bbb (three bees) acres...not because that is the road we live on but for Blessed Beyond Belief. I could never have imagined having what we have. It has all been a blessing. The friends that we have made that have helped us to get here. The people that we have met along the way, every step has been a huge blessing. My biggest wish/or goal is to be able to use what I have been blessed with to be a blessing to others in some way no matter how small. I have so many things that I want to learn and do in order to not only provide for my family, but to be able to help others, even if it is just a trip to play with the animals.

So that is where we are at half way this year. Fishing season has started and so has camping....I'm excited for both. I could just go out and sleep here in my pop up and feel as if I'm on a camping trip. I could spend the night listening to the owl, robins, crows, chickens, sheep and horses. Or I could just open my bedroom window and hear it as well. For now I'm going to go and enjoy a sunny day living on my farm.....it's actually becoming my farm!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment