Monday, April 25, 2011

My Attempt at Americana

I'm slowly in the process of decorating my home in Americana and primitives.  So this week when we were asked to design a project for home decor my mind started whirling.  This was so simple and so basic, but it is the one thing I've done lately that I like the most.  So here we go....my American nesting boxes....

I laid out all of the sizes on my gypsy.  I only used George and Basic shapes for this entire project.  I'm thankful for Jen "teaching" me how to use the unlink part so I could make the rectangles the size I needed.
Then I all I had to do was pick the paper and start cutting.
After they were cut I inked the edges of my paper and also the sides of the boxes to give it an aged look.


Then I put the boxes together, added the star, some twine and thread (floss) and it was done.

I used very little in this project...
I had nesting boxes that have been here for a while waiting for me to do something with them.
DCWV Nantucket stack and Basics (navy blue for lids and stars)
Brown Ink
Glue
Twine and floss

No comments:

Post a Comment