A place where I can share my thoughts as I journery into homesteading/farming, self reliance, crafting, homeschooling, and any other adventure that comes my way.
Monday, April 25, 2011
My Attempt at Americana
I'm slowly in the process of decorating my home in Americana and primitives. So this week when we were asked to design a project for home decor my mind started whirling. This was so simple and so basic, but it is the one thing I've done lately that I like the most. So here we go....my American nesting boxes....
I laid out all of the sizes on my gypsy. I only used George and Basic shapes for this entire project. I'm thankful for Jen "teaching" me how to use the unlink part so I could make the rectangles the size I needed.
Then I all I had to do was pick the paper and start cutting.
After they were cut I inked the edges of my paper and also the sides of the boxes to give it an aged look.
Then I put the boxes together, added the star, some twine and thread (floss) and it was done.
I used very little in this project...
I had nesting boxes that have been here for a while waiting for me to do something with them.
DCWV Nantucket stack and Basics (navy blue for lids and stars)