Thursday, May 12, 2011

Names, Names, Names


Meet the newest member of the family. His name is...well still working on it. Originally was supposed to be Butch Cassidy...but he doesn't look like a Butch. Then went with Bandit, and now Tonto...and still not fitting. It mut be naming block because I've been having it for a while now.

Our new bunny is an English Angora/Lop mix with really long hair. He is only 8 weeks and at full grown will be about 5-6 lbs according to the previous owner. He is such a sweetie....and oh soooo soft. I think that he is way to big to be a mate for my jersy wooly, so we will still be looking for that one this summer...possibly.

Back to the name block. I've been trying to come up with a name for my farm to be. I have Rustler's Retreat, Hide-A-Way Homestead, and 3 B acres (standing for blessed beyond belief) and that we live on Three Bees Rd. Any ideas or thoughts are greatly appreciated.

So as for new events other than the rabbit...we got 7 turkeys and about 12 more baby chicks. Our lamb should be here in a few more weeks, and we are still looking for her a friend. I have my clothesline up, which is a major accomplishment for me. (I've been wanting one for the past 4 summers.) Last but far from least we have started getting the garden together and have actually planted our cherry and apple trees. I'm so ready for a busy summer on the farm. Hopefully I will have lots to talk about.

(Oh and I took a spinning class for wool....it's gonna take practice but I have the idea down. Am so looking forward to it again.)

No comments:

Post a Comment