Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My Valentine

This week we were asked to make a Vintage type valentine. I love the vintage look, and am working on trying to make it more often. I still have trouble with the layers at times...but will only get better with practice.

I started with a 5 1/2 by 6 in base for my card...in natural (looks like cardboard) paper. I used paper from color bok that looked like old fashioned wall paper.

The first layer is a basic rectangle cut from George & Basic shapes. The second layer is a square also cut with George, then I used scalloped scissors to go around the edges. There is also tags this way on different cartridges...I was just in a mood to play with my "toys". The third layer is a large scallopped flower cut from Paisley...then a lace doily on top of that. On top of the doily is another flower cut from Paisley with a cardboard center cut from my 1 in. punch.
I topped off the card with corrogated cardboard and a wooden button with some shiny thread...used a "With Love" stamp...and called it a Valentine.

Some of the details of the layers....I used a light brown ink to distress the doily so that it aged the appearance. I also used a dark brown ink on the edges of the large scallop flower, the small flower and on the creases of the cardboard. I stamped the sentiment in black.

I love the look of all of the papers together. I am a creature of habit that uses a plain with a matching print...so to mix and match this way is always a challenge. I hope that you like this one.

*ingredients*
plain cardboard brown cardstock, colorbock paper
paper lace doily
cardboard
wooden button
embordiery thread
a With Love stamp
distress ink, rich cocoa brown ink, black ink
George and Paisley cartridges

No comments:

Post a Comment